Our client in the FMCG industry is recruiting of a Logistics and Brokering Officer who will manage the movement of goods and services from one place to another and ensure that products reach their destinations safely, securely, and on-time in the most cost -effective manner.
- Manage a cross border fleet of ten refrigerated trucks.
- To be able to complete all documentation for export loads from both internal production and for third party work.
- To co-ordinate collection of loads in Zimbabwe for export to RSA and the region.
- To be fully conversant with Road Traffic legislation, border regulations, Phyto-sanitary regulations, and to be fully aware, at all times, of temperature settings of the various loads.
- To co-ordinate loads from RSA back into Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi and Zambia, and to be conversant of all road transport legislation in these countries, as well as border crossing regulations.
- To be honest upfront and liaise with customers and third-party transporters and have quality service as a top priority,
- To be aware at all times, of current market rates pertaining to different routes.
- To perform the duties of co-ordinating the brokering of third parties for both internal loads and loads for other customers.
- To be able to communicate and change trucks/routes/destinations at short notice with regards to freight pick -up and delivery.
- To prepare delivery schedules and confirmed arrival of shipment to and from customers/suppliers through the updating of records inventory, production sales and location,
- Perform physical counting on incoming goods and reconcile it with purchase orders for a zero loss of goods during delivery to required destination,
- Sort out goods damaged in transit and inform responsible people on returns,
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained through available SOP’s.
- Oversees the tracking of all vehicles, ensuring that all vehicles are found only in stipulated routes according to the deployment plan.
- A minimum of 5-year relevant experience in an FMCG environment and should have a proven track record of implementing strong internal controls.
- Degree or Diploma in Transport & Logistics
- 5-year relevant experience in FMCG sector with exposure to brokering & management of profit-center FMCG operation.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 3 July 2020.