We are looking for an experienced transport manager to join our organisation . The ideal candidates will have a transport management related qualification and working knowledge of the transport and logistics environment.
The responsibilities of the manager would be:
- To ensure a smooth running of transport, workshop and logistics operations.
- To ensure that all vehicles are operated in conjunction with relevant rules and regulations
- To assist with specification, tendering and procurement of vehicle Parts and equipment
- To keep records of vehicle maintenance, defects and drivers.
- To monitor the condition of all vehicles within the fleet, making sure they are roadworthy at all times.
- To ensure that all company vehicles are compliant with all legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- To develop and implement a proactive, planned and structured approach to the maintenance of company vehicles and ensure that all vehicles used are fit for purpose.
- To ensure that transport staff deliver the service appropriate to the changing needs of customers in line with relevant guidance and individual risk assessments
- To manage and develop a team of drivers and transport assistants, who may be working remotely
- To work as a member of Nash Paints management team, undertaking delegated tasks and responsibilities in line with the emerging needs and operational requirements
Skills and Qualifications Required
- 3- 5 years experience in transport and logistics management
- Previous experience of managing a large team.
- Clean class 2 driver’s license (Defensive driver’s license will be an added advantage)
- A relevant degree in transport and logistics .
C.V. To be submited in person on Friday the 17th of July 2020 @
41 Kelvin North Rd,
Between 12pm and 2pm or alternatively via the following email before the above mentioned date firstname.lastname@example.org