Location: Matobo and Bulawayo
JF Kapnek, a registered PVO which has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1986, whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs, is seeking to fill this vacancy for its OVC Program.
Objectives of the Position
Coordination of district health interventions:
- Facilitate linkages and coordination between community and clinical partners and participate in monthly clinical-community partner feedback or review meeting;
- Support the district to improve adherence and retention into care and treatment services among People Living with HIV and facilitate linkages and coordination between community and clinical partners;
- Work with other team members and stakeholders to map, identify and enroll onto the pathways key and priority populations in the districts of operation;
- Participate in district coordination meetings and provide key feedback to rest of team.
Facilitate the provision of HIV services:
- Linking and collaborating with community and clinical partners for effective bi-directional referrals;
- Assist in implementing Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission (EMTCT) and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) and track all HIV exposed infants;
- Ensuring that they have all screened for EID and malnutrition; Coordinate Integrated Mother Baby Course to support EID;
- Assist in implementation of Index case testing and strengthening Index testing at health facility and community for consenting clients and conduct viral load tracking and ensure that those that are found to be virally unsuppressed are linked to appropriate services;
- Tracking all HIV exposed infants, ensuring that they have all screened for EID and malnutrition;
- Conduct HIV risk assessment to all the OVCs with unknown status, screening for TB and making necessary referrals and conduct viral load tracking and ensure that those that are found to be virally unsuppressed are linked to appropriate services;
- Ensure children living with HIV access viral load testing timeously; Ensure referral completion for all HTS services;
- Provide follow services for clients who need enhanced care;
- Ensure safe and confidential keeping of case files in accordance with set protocols.
Capacity building of community cadres:
- Assist in training community cadres in HIV treatment literacy;
- Provide regular mentoring and monitoring of community cadres to provide a comprehensive package of Pathways services to clients;
- Facilitate monthly meetings with cadres and provide feedback on programming.
Advance scientific evidence base for HIV community-based programming:
- Compile reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis as required;
- Track and monitor case documentation;
- Document best practices in form of case studies, success stories, abstracts, video clips in addition to the routine monthly updates, quarterly and annual reports;
- Work with MEAL team to ensure adequate supply of tools for community cadres.
- Degree/Diploma in a health-related field e.g. nursing, clinical practice or community health;
- Registered with the relevant professional council in Zimbabwe;
- At least 2 years working experience in providing HEALTH support to OVC and communities;
- Training in HIV Management a distinct plus;
- Proven understanding of linkages between HIV/AIDS and Child Protection;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Health and Child Protection Systems in Zimbabwe;
- Should be highly productive with minimal supervision;
- Should be computer literate (Microsoft word and excel);
- Should be a team player;
- Should have good communication and training skills;
- Should be flexible to work weekends and after hours and to be on call in emergencies.
Cover letter and up-to-date detailed CV should be forwarded to the undersigned. Applications to be considered as they are received. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process. Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
JF Kapnek Trust has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding and safeguarding children’s rights.
The successful candidate will be required to commit to the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy and also be bound by the Sexual Harassment & Exploitation Policy.
Deadline: 11 September 2020 (12pm)