The Accountant is responsible for executing the project accounting processes and functions in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position requires knowledge of Donor Project Accounting, Accounts payable, Bank reconciliations, maintaining fixed asset records, required tax reporting, payroll interfaces to the general ledger, vehicle registration & licensing. This position ensures organizational policies, donor requirements and procedures are being adhered to as they pertain to all aspects of the accounting function.
- Provide a financial update and overview of financial status of the organisation’s projects and assist in planning and forecasts for ongoing financial management;
- Participate in all programme team meetings to ensure a full understanding of all programme work and any financial implications arising;
- Closely monitor all programme activities, and keep the management advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial management performance;
- Disseminate new donor and organizational policies to staff at organisational level;
- Provides Project accounting and administrative support;
- Ensure an efficient financial flow process and timely payments of the goods and services required for the implementation of the project activities;
- Prepare detailed budget information for Project approved components;
- Follow up on the budget execution;
- Compile information required for drawdowns as per donor (CDC) guidelines;
- Prepare budget revisions, as required and maintain updated the projects information in the PMS and Grantsolutions;
- Support the design of a reporting system for internal and CDC needs and prepare periodic reports as required;
- Support preparation of project financial reports in compliance with CDC requirements;
- Analyse and provide reasons for the budget variances between the actual and budgeted expenditures;
- Prepare for annual Project Audit as required by the organization and CDC and ensure that external auditors have all relevant information.
- Follow up on audit reports to ensure that recommendations in audit reports are implemented;
- Processes transactions related to donor accounts encompassing donor invoicing, donor settlement and donor adjustments
- Processing of payment vouchers and filing;
- Review all postings and documents to verify correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and correct codes;
- Responsible for reconciling the sub ledgers for all vendor advances, accounts payable and Travel Advances;
- Assist in the preparation and completion of audits;
- Assist in payroll processes including calculations and completing statutory remittances;
- Support the Budget holders in the budgeting process;
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in the balance sheet reconciliation process providing documentation, as necessary;
- Complete all projects and tasks as assigned by the Finance Officer and Finance & Administration Manager.
- University Degree in accounting or finance or equivalent professional qualification, with at least 3 years’ experience in project Accounting and office administration.
- Graduate of ACCA, CIMA, ICSA, SAA, IAC or any other relevant professional qualification with 1-3 years post qualification will be added advantage.
- Experience in audit and compliance for local and international NGOs is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send certified copies of academic and professional certificates, CV and a motivational letter in an envelope clearly marked with the position applied for to:
The Executive Director;
160 Baines Avenue;
“ONLY THOSE WHO MATCH THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS NEED TO APPLY”
Deadline: 30 September 2020