GALZ is an organization that strives for the attainment of full and equal human, economic and social rights for Key Populations. The organization has been in existence for nearly 30 years and serves the interests of a diverse Key populations sector and pushes for tolerance of sexual minorities in the country. GALZ is one of the first organizations to advocate for HIV awareness campaigns in the country and specifically engages with people who engage in same sex activities and thus contributes to attainment of the broader 90-90-90 strategy to ensure that no one is left behind in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
The Caretaker will be responsible for the safety and health of staff members and visitors by maintaining the organisation’s premises in a state of cleanliness, hygiene and beauty.
- Clean outside the premises-walls and equipment and to maintain high standards of hygiene Maintaining condition and appearance of the yard;
- Mowing, watering, and fertilizing lawns;
- Planting, trimming, mulching and fertilizing flowers, shrubs and trees;
- Keeping facilities and surrounding areas free from trash, litter, debris and weeds;
- Cleaning and maintaining GALZ equipment and materials;
- Advising and Following applicable safety guidelines and procedures;
- Assisting the domestic assistant in preparing teas and serving refreshments and meals;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Assistant
The Caretaker must have:
- Ordinary Level certificate with Maths and English;
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience preferably in an NGO setup.
- Ability to read and write in any one of local languages and English;
- A Short course in landscaping and or Basic training in primary health and sanitation is an added advantage;
- Training in basic counselling is an added advantage;
- General knowledge of LGBT+
If you meet the above-mentioned qualifications, send your Cover Letter and your CV to email@example.com Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28 December 2020