The Zimbabwe Chess Federation is the administrative, development and coordinating Body of all chess activities within Zimbabwe in all areas such as coaching, organizing and playing whether at International, Provincial, Regional, Club and Schools. The Federation is actively involved from grassroots development to Elite Chess in all 10 Provinces. Zimbabwe Chess Federation is affiliated to the Africa Chess Confederation (ACC) and the International Chess Federation (FIDE) and is recognized by the Sport and Recreation Commission of Zimbabwe (SRC).
The volunteer’s positions are for the young and innovative between the ages 18 and 30 years who have a passion for excellence and really want to affect their generation for good. ZCF aims at creating opportunities for youth leadership in managing and coordinating sport, specifically chess. It therefore identifies youths with interest and passion, and places them in a 12 months’ internship programme, at the ZCF Office in Harare. They will also be paid a small stipend during the period.
The volunteers will be responsible for assisting the ZCF Board in managing and coordinating chess in the country by:
- Manning offices and acting as a focal person for the public, the press, and related organizations;
- Overseeing all chess operations and activities in the country;
- Planning, coordinating and organizing the Federation events;
- Drafting tournament and general update reports to the affiliates, sponsors and ZCF partners;
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns; writing and producing presentations and press releases;
- Updating and maintaining a database of affiliated Members of the Federation; maintaining an updated inventory of all Federation assets;
- General Chess administration and housekeeping issues and any other duties as assigned by anyone in authority.
Qualifications and skills
Interested persons should possess the following:
- At least two ‘A’ Level passes with English language at ‘O’ Level;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Be smart, focused and energetic;
- Committed to and have understanding of ZCF aims, values and principles;
- Have a background of chess playing / coaching / administration (ZCF affiliation is a distinct advantage);
- Able to use Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint and websites;
- Understanding of basic financial management and general administration;
- Must be good in report writing.
Applicants should submit detailed CVs, giving full names, contact details (including telephone numbers) and a motivational letter showing evidence of fulfilling the criteria listed above to: The President, Zimbabwe Chess Federation.
Email: email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Deadline: 13 November 2020