Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
POST: UNIVERSITY COUNSELLOR
- Bachelors’ degree in Counselling.
- At least three years’ relevant working experience.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Registration and current practising certificate with the Allied Health Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe is a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing individual and or group counselling to staff and students on a range of educational, personal or any other issues.
- Acting as an advisor and or consultant to students on issues related to the emotional aspects of learning and to students’ welfare.
- Providing assistance to international students in cultural acclimatization.
- Providing career and soft skills advice.
- Providing assistance to ‘at risk students’ to help them with their study skills or other related areas, including the formation of Intervention Strategies.
- Organizing on-campus job seeking activities including one on one with students and group workshops.
- Providing free, independent and confidential advice and support to students, on all matters concerning academic and administrative rights.
- Representing or advocating for students in meetings or discussions with staff and committees, and guiding students through processes such as appeals, complaints or misconduct findings.
- Assisting students with equity and welfare issues that may be affecting their ability to study, and liaise with and refer students to appropriate departments.
- Managing and maintaining proper records for all the counselling sessions held for future reference and audit purposes.
- Organizing talks, seminars and student development programs on areas relevant to the students.
- Delivering talks during orientation periods
Six copies of applications, giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and copies of certificates, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar Human Resources
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 8 December 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be communicated to.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.