Inini Pasina Iwewe Trust (IPI) is a Zimbabwean registered charitable organisation. The key purpose of the role is to successfully coordinate fundraising, organisational and awareness events. The Events Coordinator is responsible for developing and running the events portfolio. The role will also coordinate all internal IPI events. This position will have a working relationship with all members within the Trust including volunteers and supporters.
Location: Remote Work
- Creatively curating and project managing a series of engaging and thought provoking events
- Organise and complete community fundraising events
- Promote events through emails, mailings, listings, IPI’s website, social media and other ways
- Produce detailed proposals for events (e.g. Timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- Develop and manage event budgets
- Create procedures for all major processes
- Administer events and activities in accordance with the policies, strategies, and mission of the IPI Trust
- Plans and coordinate event-related services and general event logistics, including but not limited to:
- Special needs requests and requirements
- Event security
- Marketing and publicity
- Event-related materials (e.g., handouts, giveaways)
- Coordinate contract negotiations with groups and venues, negotiating contracts with service providers and suppliers such as caterers, attractions, venues, agencies, etc; final approval authority of all contracts is provided by the Founders
- 1 – 2 hours each day or 2 days per week
- Potential volunteers must be motivated and committed to helping others
- A tertiary qualification in Events Management or similar relevant qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A high level of skill and knowledge of event management
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role working on a diverse range of events including but not limited to conferences, fundraising events, and community events; across a range of locations, involving various stakeholders and with differing purposes
- An eye to detail to ensure the highest level in events management and associated written communications with a contemporary flair
- Knowledge of and/or experience working in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of fundraising
- A commitment to delivering projects and events to the highest quality
Interested candidates should send their cv and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidates will be contacted directly.
The other candidates will remain in the database and will be contacted if their profile suits any other current or future volunteer position. All candidates information will be kept in the IPI’s database for future consideration.