Location: Epworth, Harare
Shanduko Yeupenyu Child Care has programs in Epworth District in Harare and Mashonaland East province directly working with partners. Programs in girls’ education, Gender Based Violence, psychosocial support, child protection, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights youth enterprise development are run through Epworth office in Epworth Harare. Shanduko has reoriented its programming to align with the Program Approach, focusing on the needs and priorities of three impact populations (IPs) identified as highly marginalized in the Zimbabwean context. These are: (1) female headed rural and urban households; (2) urban and rural women and girls; and (3) rural and urban adolescent girls. Shanduko’s flagship project in Zimbabwe for IP3 is Girls Education Support Program, young women training vocation training skills and provision of psychosocial support training and services, which was implemented in partnership with a number of partners since 2015. Shanduko Yeupenyu Child Care exists to provide sustainable support and women to girls in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals 4 and 5
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted area.
- Prepares monthly management accounts and submits to the Accountant Reporting for review;
- Prepares Quarterly reports for field visits and submits recommendations to the Accountant Reporting for review;
- Prepares weekly Finance Reports for review by Accountant Reporting;
- Prepares financial accounts up to Balance Sheet by – Maintaining ledgers, journals and accounting expenses, Inputting and processing of financial data, Performing bank, creditors, debtors and cash reconciliations;
- Prepares monthly accounting schedules and submits to the Accountant Reporting for review;
- Prepares financial reports and schedules and submits to Accountant;
- Provides auditors with information to conduct their tasks as per instruction;
- Checks for accuracy and completeness of payments and necessary attachments;
- Ensures all payments are done as per approved cash flow;
- Checks accuracy of reconciliation of programming expenses;
- Prepares Withholding Tax returns and submits to the Accountant;
- Receives, maintains and issue stock in line with agreed reorder levels;
- Attend to internal and external audit queries as per instruction.
Qualifications and competencies
- A degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent;
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar or related environment;
- Good analytical skills;
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, multi skilled & able to interact at senior level;
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
Please send your applications to email@example.com clearly indicating the position of “Volunteer Finance Officer”.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Deadline: 17 December 2020