Shanduko Yeupenyu Child Care programming in Epworth Harare province and directly, working through partners. Programs in girls’ education, psychosocial support and child protection, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights for youth enterprise development are run through Epworth office in Epworth Harare. Shanduko has reoriented its programming to align with the Program Approach, focusing on the needs and priorities of three impact populations (IPs) identified as highly marginalized in the Zimbabwean context. These are: (1) female headed rural households; (2) urban women and girls; and (3) rural adolescent girls. Shanduko’s flagship project in Zimbabwe for IP3 is Girls Education Support Program (GESP) Youth-Lead Child Protection (YLCP) project, which was implemented in partnership with Global Vision International Trust and other partners. Shanduko Yeupenyu Child Care exists to provide sustainable support to girls in line with the UN Sustainable
Development Goals 4 and 5
Shanduko Yeupenyu Child Care is searching for an experienced Volunteer Fundraising Officer with excellent leadership skills and networking abilities. The Volunteer Fundraising Officer will be responsible for building good relationships with prospective donors and clients across multiple sectors, communicating with the broader public and internal teams, delegating tasks, and drawing up plans to ensure annual targets are met. He/she should be well organized, proactive, and have the ability to inspire those around you. He/she should stay informed on marketing strategies, and be comfortable doing research on different sectors. And should have sharp public speaking skills and be able to deliver presentations to a range of audiences.
Volunteer Fundraising Officer Responsibilities
- Conducting research on fundraising opportunities;
- Writing, submitting and uploading press releases as required;
- Writing funding proposals and submitting these to potential donors;
- Preparing quarterly budgets;
- Coming up with ingenious ways to raise awareness;
- Implementing a variety of marketing strategies and promotional campaigns;
- Organizing and attending non-profit events and networking with relevant stakeholders;
- Establishing good relationships with staff, members of the public, and the media.
Volunteer Fundraising Officer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Fundraising, or any related field (preferably a Master’s degree);
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience;
- Previous experience in sales or marketing also acceptable;
- Sound knowledge of the NGO sector; Sound knowledge of the USAID, DFID, UNICEF, and UN is added advantage;
- Experience in managing a team; Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
Interested candidates must send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org CV of not more than 2 pages; Letter of motivation of not more than 1 page stating why you should be considered for the program and details on your previous experience of working with NGO sector.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and female is encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 7 August 2020