Duty station: Harare
YITT is a volunteer based non-profit organization run by the youth for youth supported by technical consultants who volunteer their services for improving youth’s access to rights and services. YITT provides a learning platform for young graduate professionals to grow and experience the world of work while contributing to the fulfilment of rights for young people in marginalised communities. YITT is therefore seeking for the services of a youth volunteer who is a recent graduate for a position that has arisen with the organisation.
YITT is seeking to recruit a Volunteer ICT Programme Officer to facilitate programme implementation monitoring and innovation within the organisation.
The major responsibilities
- Ensure functionality of ICTs, systems and related gadgets of the organisation.
- Development of data collection toolkit for M and E, and related templates and execution
- Support informal traders networks in developing efficient operational systems, active participation on; social media and up to date membership database;
- Support the data collection using ICT based Applications such as KoBo Collect.
- Responsible for maintaining an up to date informal workers group database;
- Maintenance and updating of the YITT homepage and social media accounts; Ensure adherence to the YITT communications/Social media policy, use and safekeeping of ICT Gadgets;
- Maintenance of the YITT ICTs (backup, troubleshooting, minor repairs) and ensure smooth functionality;
- Responsible for Email and internet administration;
- Setting up and developing of a virtual training platform on the webpage and social media;
- General support on ICT related activities during project planning and execution.
Leads the design of YITT visibility materials with support from the team (Annual Report, Flyers, Banners and corporate wear);
- Responsible for training and capacitating of YITT staff, partners and volunteers on ICTs and related issues;
- Spearhead the development and adoption of efficient ICT based administrative and or project relevant systems;
- Perform any other duties as assigned and ICT support.
Professional knowledge and experience
- A Diploma or Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
- No experience is required beyond industrial attachment and or proven knowledge in database development, webpage designing, routine computer repairs, and experience in designing data collection tools using KoBoCollect or any ODK platform, data analysis using SPSS & MS Excel;
- Excellent computer skills with good command on MS Excel, Access, Publisher, SPSS among other data analysis packages;
- Knowledge and understanding of the current M&E trends especially M&E systems in development organizations and filming knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Media and communication skills;
- Statistical skills;
- Data analysis and presentation skills;
- Online and offline database design skills;
- Graphic designing skills.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a detailed CV and motivational letter to email@example.com
NB: YITT believes in equal opportunities for all hence women and youths are encouraged to apply.
Short listing will be done as applications are received, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Deadline: 21 December 2020