Inini Pasina Iwewe Trust (IPI) is a Zimbabwean registered charitable organisation. The role of the Marketing and Social Media Manager Volunteer will be to assist the committee in raising awareness and promoting the Trust’s work, activities, volunteering opportunities and other activities aimed at helping widows and orphans. The volunteer will take lead in coordinating the Trust’s social media activity across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and website. In addition, the volunteer will produce and distribute press releases for relevant projects and outcomes to promote the Trust’s work more widely.
Location: Remote Work
Developing the Trust’s social media presence with a particular focus on:
- Keeping our social media channels updated, ideally on a daily/weekly basis
- Encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others
- Increasing the numbers of people following our posts on our own website and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Increasing numbers of volunteers
- Promoting our activities to all members of the local community
- Building awareness of the group’s work locally, and through relevant networks
- Setting, working towards, and reporting on social media objectives and targets
- As well as undertaking one or all of the following projects:
- Planning and writing a blog each month for the IPI’s website. This could be based on the Trust’s activities, a profile of a volunteer, or another aspect of the common
- Developing and updating the Trust’s photographic database, identifying gaps; taking photographs and/or ensuring that someone is available to photograph all key events and ensuring that permissions for photography have been granted. This could also involve video work.
- If you have a particular area of knowledge or an interest area you would like to pursue, you are welcome to propose a project for you to undertake
- 1 – 2 hours each day or 2 days per week
- Potential volunteers must be motivated and committed to helping others
- Some experience of marketing and social media, either through education, work or volunteering
- Familiar with using social media, Canva, and other online tools to generate interest in a project
- Photography skills or interest in photography
- An excellent communicator
- Ability to write clearly, accurately and succinctly
- An interest in community and humanity issues
- Flexible: We envisage spending a short time each day (although not necessarily each day) updating social media channels. The volunteer will also be expected to attend some of our events and workshops with a view to reporting on them. This is in addition to the 2 hour commitment to attend monthly committee meetings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to represent the group eternally.
Interested candidates should send their cv and motivational letter to email@example.com.
The successful candidates will be contacted directly.
The other candidates will remain in the database and will be contacted if their profile suits any other current or future volunteer position. All candidates information will be kept in the IPI’s database for future consideration.