Start date: Immediately
Key Working Relationships: Reports to the Program Development Manager
The Purpose of the Role
The Program Development Assistant will provide BRiCZ with direct support of all fundraising activities and provide grants management support to ensure compliance with donor and BRiCZ rules and regulations, and occasionally support programme development and proposal work from statutory/government, donor and private sources.
Your work will consist of
Fundraising and donor liaison:
Providing support to the PDM in developing fundraising strategies; Supporting fundraising efforts in coordination with the PDM, including undertaking donor mapping and providing briefings to in-country donor representatives; Develop communication materials for advertising BRiCZ’s intervention towards donors and other external stakeholders with the end to increase BRiCZ’s visibility and funding opportunities.
- Act as proposal development support by ensuring resources for proposal development are identified and writing and editing non-technical sections of proposals;
- Providing technical support and guidance at proposal development stage through editing of budget, full proposals and budget narratives for coherence, length, uniformity, and responsiveness to solicitation.
Grants Management and Support:
- Support the quality and timely submission of donor narrative and financial reports;
- Acting as liaison with external key donors relating to specific grant programmatic issues in coordination with the Program Coordinator;
- Provide support to oversight of grants management including advising on compliance issues, tracking progress and ensuring timely and quality donor reporting, engaging in donor relations as required, and leading on information management for the portfolio (including maintaining regional grants filing system, ensuring updates to regional pre and post award trackers);
- Review and provide substantive feedback on reports; consulting with and ensuring input from relevant technical and financial staff;
- Support to the review and negotiation of contracts and agreements with support from the PDM;
- Support budget realignments and grant amendments/modifications;
- Advise the country offices on content of communication with the donors, and lead communication with donors, when needed, or in the absence of a country grants focal point;
- Serving as single point of contact for field-based grants staff particularly for all post-award issues with public funds; Support the PDM to establish new ways of working (especially in relation to the new donors), including new / adapted processes and instruments required;
- Stay informed about programmatic issues in the country and region and how they might affect program funding;
- Ensure country programmes follow internal BRiCZ policies and procedures;
- Travel to provide additional support to or cover short-term gaps for grants teams in the field. Travel decisions will be taken after consultation with the line manager with due consideration given to priorities and workload management.
Capacity and Development:
- Participating in the lesson learnt process (workshops, internal and external communication on projects, etc.);
- Helping with internal reporting;
- Providing technical guidance and delivering training on BRiCZ and donor guidelines and proposal development and reporting to Program staff.
Knowledge Building, Systems Adaptation, Capacity Building & Training:
- Develop a knowledge base of donors, their rules and regulations to support BRiCZ’s readiness and capacity to pursue and manage funding from these donors;
- Develop and keep up-to-date guidelines and training materials on proposal development and grants management of donors;
- Carry out training of BRiCZ field staff on donor rules, as required;
- Develop and maintain work-processes and checklists for grant implementation, report and proposal review, as well as record lessons learned.
The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with the job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the organization or to changes in its policy.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualification Requirements
- Minimum of Degree or equivalent experience, Master’s added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience in proposal, project or programme development, reporting or grants management in a local / INGO /private / public sector;
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, with excellent written and spoken English;
- Experience writing, reviewing and editing narrative and financial reports and excellent attention to detail;
- Proven experience in successfully applying for institutional donor funding;
- Good understanding of humanitarian aid and development programming;
- Good knowledge of donor rules, regulations and procedures including but not limited to UN agencies and European donors and US, EU funding mechanisms;
- Experience in working at a distance and supporting field-based staff; Ability to work collaboratively as part of a diverse team and manage a varied workload;
- Good understanding of financial management principles, and budgeting skills;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information; Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, and to learn quickly;
- Ability to work on own initiative; Good IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel);
- An understanding and commitment to BRiCZ’s mission and values are necessary.
Interested candidates should email their motivation letters and CVs with at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21 September 2020
Related Jobs (33)
Volunteer Provincial Coordinator (Matabeleland South) on October 27, 2020 Volunteer