Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a registered charity, founded in 1979. Action Contre la Faim operates in 24 countries. The international network of Action Contre la Faim is represented in Paris, London, Madrid, New York and Montreal. Teams in the field combat hunger on four fronts: nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
The WASH Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of the WASH Hardware Project, providing technical guidance and oversight resulting in quality construction and materials supply.
The WASH Engineer is responsible to:
- Ensure that all hardware project activities are in accordance with budgets and are being implemented on schedule ;
- Ensure documentation of project progress is on-going and integrate sound M&E procedures in all aspects of the project;
- Ensure implementation of capacity building for the construction teams covering environmental issues related to construction and environmental management;
- Make sure that procurement and logistics policies are followed during the WASH activities implementation;
- Ensure that WASH activities are carried out in accordance with national quality, norms and standards provided for the camps;
- Provide technical expertise in designs and implementation of rehabilitation of water-points rehabilitation and construction;
- Coordination with the WASH Program Manager and Country Director, to meet its minimum quality and accountability requirements in emergencies.
- Bsc Civil Engineering/B-Tech Water Resources Engineering/Bsc Civil and Water Engineering/Agricultural Engineering with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field;
- Previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities;
- Good knowledge of appropriate technology for latrine construction, de-sludging and sludge treatment practices, water source development, solid waste management.
Forward Cover letters with up-to-date detailed CVs and clearly indicate the post applied for in the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill in an application form, using a link that you will get as soon as you email your application.
The link will be send to your application email within 24 hours of you submitting your application.
Deadline: 13 May 2020