Farm Community Trust of Zimbabwe (FCTZ)
Duration: 3 months
Duty Station: Midlands and Mashonaland East Provinces
- Accountable for formulation, designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of WASH programmes to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the programme management, delivery and accomplishment of programme goals and objectives;
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update made for effective programme planning, development and management, including emergency preparedness and response;
- Effective Knowledge management promotion through drafting/finalizing key WASH sectoral programme documents and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge/information exchange;
- Promotion of rights-based WASH programmes, and coherence, synergy and value added to programme process through results-based management;
- Formulation of WASH work plan and activities, implementation and monitoring, ensuring alignment with the defined programme strategies and approaches;
- Effective programme delivery, evaluation and reporting, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate community mobilization and needs identification for water, sanitation and hygiene activities;
- Facilitate technical assessment of broken down water points and compilation of BOQs;
- Facilitate repair/rehabilitation of water points;
- Facilitate provision of cleaning and disinfectant materials to schools including disinfection of schools;
- Facilitate distribution of hygiene kits, establishment and monitoring use of hand washing stations and post distribution monitoring;
- Facilitate formation or revival, and training of school and community health clubs;
- Participate in hygiene promotion including forum theatre performances;
- Facilitate establishment of feedback/ complaints handling mechanisms;
- Facilitate empowerment and support for Community Health Volunteers in IPC;
- Support control of sanitation and hygiene related disease epidemics including contact tracing;
- Support data collection and updating of RWIMs;
- Attending DWSSC, Rural District Council and any other relevant meetings in the district;
- Timeous production and submission of relevant progress, financial and technical reports to the relevant office;
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of lessons learned and best practices for further usage by WASH sector;
- Participate effectively in the management of the project material and financial resources;
- Any other duties
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma/ University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Environmental Health, Water and Sanitation, or a field relevant to WASH related development assistance;
- Additional training / Experience in PHHE/Health and Hygiene Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an added advantage;
- At least three years experience in the WASH sector;
- Field work experiences; is a must;
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Prepared to work in any district throughout the country;
- Class 4 driver’s licence ( Defensive Driving Course is an added advantage)
Applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
In the subject line, please state the title of the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The positions will be filled as soon as well-qualified candidates are identified.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
FCTZ IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Deadline: 29 May 2020