Duty Station: Gokwe North District
ADRA is implementing various projects through-out the country and seeks to recruit for the above position.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Zimbabwe is a local humanitarian NGO of the Seventh-day Adventist Church working in Zimbabwe for over 40 years. It is part of the network within over 130 countries in the world. ADRA Zimbabwe believes that: through its humanitarian acts, we make known the just, merciful, and loving character of God; Non-discrimination and respect for differences, accepting people as equals, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, political and religious affiliation enrich the communities in which we work and are assets to be respected and affirmed.
Gokwe North Food Security and Agricultural Response 2 (Go-FAR 2)project proposes to address the food insecurity and WASH needs in Gokwe North through Agriculture/Food Security; Economic Recovery and Market Systems; and Water Sanitation & Health activities that are focused on securing a safe water supply for target communities and hygiene promotion/training for affected communities.
The positions will work with different stakeholders in the Districts to successfully implement project objectives. S/he will have wide practical experience dealing with WASH practitioners/ experts, policy makers, stakeholders and implementers for sustainability and to ensure compliance based on the DIP and as directed by the WASH Coordinator.
Competencies and Experience
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, Water Supply Management, Environmental Science;
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), would be an added advantage;
- 3 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the Development/ NGO sector and understanding of UN or other international donor agency requirements;
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station;
- High level people skills, ability to build relationships with ability to identify, communicate with stakeholders on the field and office(s);
- Clean Class 3/4 Driving Licence is required.
Candidates meeting the above criteria are invited to submit their applications together with a detailed CV (including Skype address) that includes the names and email addresses of 3 traceable references.
Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for, e.g. “WASH PROJECT ENGINEER” in the email Subject line. Applications should be directed to email@example.com
WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
ADRA Zimbabwe is a Child friendly organisation, and it will be assumed that all applicants consent to relevant checks to determine suitability working in such environments
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 June 2020 (5pm)