GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 and we are gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
General description of the role
Reporting to the Assistant Country Director (Programmes) the WASH Project Manager will be responsible for overall project delivery and implementation assisting in the flow and coordination of the administrative, technical, training, monitoring & evaluation and of the project. S/he will also work with UNICEF, Ministry of Health and Child Care, Local Authorities, Social Services Department, and the community to ensure Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities are implemented in the identified project communities.
Summary of Key Duties
- Organising and leading in WASH project training activities (PHHE, VPM, CBM and Builders’ trainings) conducted in Harare.
- Oversee and manage Water Sanitation and Hygiene activities and community participation in all stages of project cycle.
- Supervise the drilling, rehabilitation and maintenance of boreholes within the identified communities.
- Promote and provide training for Sanitation Focused Participatory Health and Hygiene Education in the community.
- Prepare procurement documents for construction works including technical drawings, specifications of works, Bills of Quantities and conditions of contracts in liaison with the Project Manager.
- Technical and/or line management of WASH technical employees.
- Assist with financial accountability for float requests, acquittals of floats and contribute to compilation of quarterly procurement plans.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual programme reports.
- Actively participate in WASH sector coordination meetings at project level.
- Promote appropriate technologies and innovation in all WASH programme.
- Ensure effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration with members of the development community, including NGOs and UNICEF
- A Minimum of a Degree in Public Health, Environmental/Health Sciences, Development Studies or any other relevant discipline.
- A post graduate qualification in WASH or the equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in urban WASH development programmes working for an NGO.
- Strong appreciation of the importance of urban WASH; hardware and software WASH components; monitoring and evaluation techniques; and community participation in project activities.
- Good people management and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of maturity and experience in working in community development programmes.
- Understanding of mainstreaming principles and experience of working on mainstreaming activities of safeguarding in communities and the workplace
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the preferred district on the subject line of the email.
The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees.
Please note that applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
Deadline: 6 May 2020