Christian Care is a registered welfare organization (PVO79/67) involved in development and relief activities.
- Accountable for formulation, designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of WASH programmes to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the programme management, delivery and accomplishment of programme goals and objectives;
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update made for effective programme planning, development and management, including emergency preparedness and response;
- Effective Knowledge management promotion through drafting/finalizing key WASH sectoral programme documents and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge/information exchange;
- Promotion of rights-based WASH programmes, and coherence, synergy and value added to programme process through results-based management;
- Formulation of WASH work plan and activities, implementation and monitoring, ensuring alignment with the defined programme strategies and approaches;
- Effective programme delivery, evaluation and reporting, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Facilitate for the successful repair/ rehabilitation of boreholes; and the construction of head works;
- Facilitate training of latrine builders;
- Facilitate for management the monitoring of the construction of sanitation and hand washing facilities;
- Facilitate for the establishment and training of Water Point Committees (WPCs) and Village Pump Mechanics (VPMs);
- Facilitate for the training and establishment of School & Community Health Clubs;
- Facilitate for the conducting of hygiene promotion activities;
- Attend regular WASH Cluster meetings, and update the funding partner on the impact of interventions;
- Facilitate for the documentation and sharing of lessons learned and best practices for further usage;
- Provide technical support to the schools, communities and local authorities in respect of maintenance, use and monitoring of water points;
- Support advocacy activities for water and sanitation interventions;
- Support the control of water and sanitation related disease epidemics;
- Contribute to the collection of information on the status of water and sanitation in the target districts;
- Assist in the co-ordination of district WASH activities through the participation of the organization in DWSSC activities;
- Participate effectively in the management of the project material and financial resources.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Initiative, passion and commitment to Christian Care’s mission and professional values;
- Diploma/ University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Environmental Health & Water and Sanitation, or a field relevant to WASH related development assistance;
- Additional training / Experience in PHHE/Health and Hygiene Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset;
- At least three years experience in the WASH sector;
- Field work experiences- a must;
- Experience in WASH IN SCHOOLS PROJECTS;
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Prepared to work in any district throughout the country;
- Class 4 driver’s licence ( Defensive Driving Course is an added advantage)
NB For the sake of women and children, all Applicants must have clean records in Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Strict Reference/Police checks will be conducted.
The package on offer for the advertised positions will be disclosed to short listed candidates.
Applications, clearly indicating position being applied for, with a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be sent via email to email@example.com
“Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”
Deadline: 12 May 2020 (4 pm)
Christian Care, working to fight the spread of COVID-19