Station: Binga District
Contract Period: July 2020 – December 2020
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. The International Medical Corps is anticipating an OFDA funded emergency access to water, hygiene and sanitation response project in Binga District, Matabeleland North. The International Medical Corps is therefore seeking a qualified candidate for this project. The position is contingent upon funding being received from the Donor.
The WASH Technician will contribute to the strategic objective related to WASH and implement project activities at district level. The project intends to directly benefit communities through improvements in water infrastructure, water quality at source and household levels, rehabilitation/construction of sanitation infrastructure, capacity building of communities on water point operation and maintenance. The WASH Technician will facilitate the participation of the beneficiaries in the design and implementation of such technological innovations as piped water schemes, borehole solarization and protection of springs.
The WASH Technician will be responsible for:
- Coordinating with local authorities and communities to gain full support in the implementation of WASH activities at community level;
- Supervise Field Officers on project implementation activities;
- Plan and support trainings at both community and district level ;
- Implement health and hygiene promotion initiatives appropriate to the context and ensure the technical and social aspects of WASH programming are integrated;
- Promote community participation in all WASH activities and provide regular updates to the supervisor, team and stakeholders on progress, priorities and constraints;
- Participate in district WASH meetings and ensure effective linkages with relevant stakeholders on technical aspects of the project.
- University degree/Diploma in Civil, Environmental or Agricultural engineering or related field;
- Post graduate qualifications in a related technical field will be a strong added advantage;
- Minimum 2-3 years’ project management / coordination experience in water and sanitation;
- Experience in the design and implementation of water and sanitation infrastructure works, development of tenders and in the practical supervision of construction / installation work;
- Familiarity with the drilling of boreholes, and the installation/ rehabilitation of hand pumps and solar powered systems;
- Experience in working with MoHCC, DDF or other technical government bodies;
- Strong management, project planning, organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Competent & with experience in engineering drawings manually, familiarity with GPS / GIS, use of MS Office programs and database management and ability to speak the local language is an added advantage.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 30 April 2020 (COB)
Related Jobs (42)
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Advocating School Readiness Policy Environment and Capacity in Zimbabwe on September 22, 2020 Consultancy