FHI360 is a non-profit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways, by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions;FHI360 Zimbabwe currently implements programming that supports service provision across Zimbabwe, serving pregnant and breastfeeding women, children, adolescent girls and young women, men and stable and unstable patients on antiretroviral therapy (ART).
The FHI360 Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) project (2015-2020) is PERFAR funded through USAID to implement community-based interventions that complement the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s (MOHCC’s) response to the HIV epidemic; ZHCT, whose overall goal is to strengthen community-health facility linkages, is implemented in eight districts across three provinces; Mutasa and Makoni (Manicaland), Kwekwe, Gokwe South (Midlands), Gutu, Zaka, Mwenezi, and Chivi (Masvingo), and contributes towards the attainment of the UNAIDS 90-90- 90 targets in Zimbabwe.
Currently, the ZHCT programme has an existing DHIS2 Database collecting aggregate data for community programme indicators and longitudinal Tracker for Community Testing Activities; The programme has also been utilising access databases to track longitudinal data on index case testing, Community ART Refill groups (CARGs) and defaulter tracking; The organisation is also looking forward to expanding programme scope and expects addition of new data collections elements and reporting capabilities in the DHIS2 platform. Based on the above background, FHI360 is seeking a consultant to provide technical support to lead the upgrading and customising of the ZHCT DHIS2 database and migrating existing internal access databases in order to be accessible online securely.
Plan of work
The consultancy time frame is 30 working days between August and September 2020.
The individual(s)/organisation should have the following prerequisite requirements:
- Advanced knowledge and skills in DHIS2 application and server management;
- University degree in Information & Communication Technology or any related field;
- At least 4 years expertise in information and communication technology especially in web-based software platforms;
- At least 4 years work experience in DHIS2 application in sub-Saharan countries;
- At least 4 years in-depth knowledge in server management;
- Cordial working relationship with DHIS2 developers and other Health Information System Partners is an added advantage
Eligibility: This position is a local hire; To be eligible, applicants must have Zimbabwean citizenship, permanent residence or current valid work authorization.
Zimbabwean nationals and individuals with experience in Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Individual(s)/organisation with the experience, skills and expertise in the above assignment should submit a proposal of a maximum of 5 pages using 1.5 line spacing, CVs and evidence of previous work done related to these activities to email@example.com; No paper applications will be accepted. Please note the underscore between the words “procure” and “zim” in the email address above.
Click here for the detailed Terms of Reference: https://drive.google.com/…/1lvLBAcizWHiNANbVjoGJPVyGWp…/view
During submission, use the title of this consultancy in the subject line (Consultancy application: ZHCT Database Development). The technical proposal should detail the following;
- Understanding of the Terms of Reference;
- A capacity statement including demonstrated ability to handle the assignment.
- A detailed plan of conducting the exercise, with clear description of the methodology;
- Budget breakdown detailing consultancy and any other related costs;
- A list of three recent organisations where similar services of the consultant have been utilised including contact details and title of assignment.
For more information, please refer to the attached detailed Terms of Reference.
Deadline: 24 August 2020 (5pm)